List Price: $3.10
Sale Price: $3.10
Availability: Available for download now
Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine: Coccyx injuries - Product Description
The article is excerpted from Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine.
Consult the second edition of this authoritative, comprehensive, in-depth medical guide for information on more than 1,700 medical topics in language accessible to adult laypersons. Presented in a single alphabetical sequence, articles range in length from one or two paragraphs for minor topics, to several pages or more for major topics. Disease/disorder articles typically cover definition; description; causes and symptoms; diagnosis; treatments; prevention; and more. Test/treatment articles typically cover definition; purposes; precautions; preparation; risks; normal and abnormal results; and much more. This second edition includes more than 200 new entries, 300 updated entries, approximately 650 color images and illustrations, and a comprehensive subject index. New features include biographical and historical sidebars throughout the text.
Disease/disorder articles contain some or all of the following sections:
- Definitions -- brief dictionary-style definition of the disorder
- Descriptions -- overview of the disorder; who gets it and why
- Causes & symptoms -- process, substance or organism that produces the condition; any risk factors that increase susceptibility to the condition; signs and symptoms of the disease
- Diagnosis -- overview of procedures and tests used to diagnose the condition; how the test is done; who should be tested and when; time required; cost; whether it's typically covered by insurance
- Treatments -- overview of conventional methods of care or management of the condition, such as drugs, surgeries, physical therapy, etc.
- Alternative treatments -- overview of alternative/complementary therapies that may be used to treat the condition
- Prognosis -- probable outcome of the disease
- Preventions -- what actions can be taken to prevent the condition from occurring
Test/treatment articles contain some or all of the following sections:
- Definitions -- brief dictionary-style definition of the test/treatment
- Purposes -- why and when this test/treatment is prescribed
- Precautions -- when this test/treatment should not be prescribed
- Descriptions -- overview of the test/treatment including cost, length of time required, procedures followed, whether typically covered by insurance
- Preparation -- pre-test treatment procedures, if any
- Aftercare -- post-test treatment procedures, if any
- Risks -- any complications/side effects commonly associated with the test/treatment
- Normal results -- for tests, describes the normal values; for treatments, describes the anticipated outcomes
- Abnormal results -- defines abnormal test values
Published/Released: December 2001
Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine: Coccyx injuries - Details
No features available.